Good ol' burger and fries

>> Wednesday, January 13, 2010


There's nothing better than a thick and juicy burger paired with a plate of delicious steak fries. Being too cold outside to grill out, I grilled in, so to speak, and whipped up this American favorite to enjoy last night.  Now, everyone knows a burger is the most convenient food to pick up on any street corner from a fast food joint, but, nothing compares to a homemade burger. Plus, if you are watching your diet, it's a much healthier way to enjoy what could otherwise ruin an entire weeks worth of going to the gym.

For a great burger, you need great seasonings.  Maybe some sort of a great sauce to pair with it, and of course, great fries!  For mine, I seasoned my 93% lean ground beef (I like a little bit of fat in mine) with:

A dash of soy sauce and worked it through the meat, steak seasoning, white pepper, and oregano.  Working the meat in a kneading fashion, I incorporated fresh chopped green onions and fresh flat leaf parsley. I topped the meat off with the yolk of one egg, mixed and seperated into two patties.  Into the oven at 350 degrees went the burgers and my attention turned to the steak fries and a delicious bacon to top the burger. 

Cutting a potato lengthwise in half, I cut thick fries out of the potato.  Laying on a cookie sheet drizzled with olive oil, I went to town seasoning the fries. Some salt, pepper, steak seasoning... I'm not really sure what all I tossed on there but I do know they came out delicious.  Alongside my fries, I laid out a few strips of thick peppered bacon. I absolutely love bacon! Covering the cookie sheet with foil, into the oven it went. 

I could smell the bacon cooking up and knew the meal was nearing completion.  I plated my buns, un-toasted at the request of my boyfriend.  Assembling the burger, I started with the meat, then topped with a pepperjack cheese, topped with fresh avocado and sealed with crispy bacon strips.  And the fries.. well, they were just the icing on the cake. Delicious. Nothing beats a good ol' burger and fries. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Katie January 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

I agree that nothing beats a good burger and fries! The seasoning you used sounds great.

Lo January 15, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Nothing like a good old basic burger to cheer a person up. And you'll never hear me arguing with a bacon burger!

Ed Schenk January 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

The burger is the perfect symbiosis of meat, bun and condiment. Classic yet individual.

French Fries (baked or fried) are the perfect with this

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP