Blueberry tart

>> Sunday, January 24, 2010


So, in case you haven't noticed, I love blueberries. I eat them with everything on the weekends and today is no exception. I decided I wanted a little dessert I could enjoy all week and opted for a blueberry tart.  This recipe is so delicious, I'm not sure this dish will make it more than a couple of days before I eat it all.

All you need to make this simple dessert is:

Flour for the work surface
1 8 ounce sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
2 cups blueberries

To start, heat the oven to 375 degrees.  On a lightly floured surface, unfold the sheet of pastry and roll it into a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.

Next, using the tip of a knife, score a 1-inch border around the pastry without cutting all the way through.  Brush the border with the egg and sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Bake until golden and puffed, 18 to 22 minutes.

Using the tip of the knife, rescore the border of the cooked pastry without cutting all the way through. Gently press down on the center of the pastry sheet to flatten it. Let cool at room temperature, 15 to 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, with an electronic mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cream, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons of the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.  Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly within the borders of the pastry.

Arrange the blueberries in a single layer over the filling and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of confectioners' sugar.  Enjoy! This is so incredibly good!

3 comments:

Beatrice January 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

I could really go for one of these right now... I've never used puff pastry, but maybe I should try it...

Emily January 24, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Puff pastry is amazing! I used it last night too for a chicken pot pie. In your grocery store freezer section by the pie crusts.

Laura March 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

I have so many berries right now. I must try this, it looks great! Thank you.

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP