Galinha Assada A Brasileira

>> Tuesday, January 19, 2010


Before we get into food, I want to talk about a quick beauty tip... I know, what's the connection? Well, I have noticed that the more I use my hands to season my meats, the softer my hands become. It makes perfect sense too. Olive oil for moisturizing, granular seasonings for exfoliation. So, I guess what I'm saying is.. don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. It will do wonders for them! It's like gardening.. another love of mine. 

So, back to the food blogging. Tonight I decided to make Galinha Assada A Brasileira. A Brazilian style roasted chicken salad in a creamy lime dressing. This dish is simple and so delicious you will just have to make it for yourself to believe me. 

To start off, season your chicken thoroughly with olive oil and salt. Chop three cloves of regular garlic and spread over top the chicken.  Add two cloves of chopped black garlic to the mix and pop in the oven at 350 degrees to bake.

To make your creamy lime sauce, mix in a large bowl:

1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
3/4 cup sour cream
The zest of 1 lemon
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper

In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook down quickly:

1 1/2 cups seasoning vegitables
1/2 cup green peas
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 tablespoon rubbed sage

When the veggies are cooked, take off the heat and let cool.  Once cooled, add into the creamy sauce and set aside until the chicken is done cooking. 

Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.  With two forks, gently pull the meat apart into shreds.  Add the chicken to the creamy sauce and gently mix together then plate.  Top the chicken salad off with crispy pampas potatoes or "potato strings".  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP