Blueberry coconut pancakes

>> Wednesday, December 23, 2009


I don't have the opportunity to sit down for breakfast at home on weekdays very often as I am usually running out the door at 7 am to head to the office where I will just have a cup of coffee to kick start my days.  Today, in a leisurly manner, I enjoyed my coffee then made myself a delicious stack of blueberry coconut pancakes.  Pancakes are a simple treat and are much better when made from scratch.  You can add in any variety of fruits and spices to make them to your liking but blueberries and coconut are a perfect pair.

Whisk together in a large bowl:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon
Sweet coconut flakes

In another bowl, whisk:
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs

Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk them together, mixing just until combined. Fold in fresh blueberries that have been sliced in half.

Season a large skillet or griddle with butter and pour the batter one pancake portion at a time.  Cook on one side until the lightly golden and flip. 

Stack your pretty little cakes on a plate and drizzle with your favorite syrup, warmed if you desire.  I chose a butter pecan syrup which is my absolute favorite.  Sift confectioners sugar over top and enjoy your breakfast!

2 comments:

Tasty Eats At Home December 27, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

This sounds so wonderfully perfect for a Christmas morning. Yum.

Emily December 27, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Or any morning! They are quick to make and start your day off on the right foot.

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP