Spaghetti with bacon and eggs

>> Sunday, February 28, 2010

I have been hearing from many of my friends that the dishes have been preparing lately are too complex and take too long for them to try. Since my stated purpose since the first day I logged into Blogger to take on my cooking challenge was to inspire my friends to cook, I have decided to do a series of simple and quick dishes so they can't say I only cook complicated dishes (even though I don't view them as such).  My 10 minute pizza was a big hit last week so tonight I prepared a dish that was equally as simple and delicious.

All you need for tonight's simple dish is:

12 ounces spaghetti
8 ounces bacon
4 large eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Kosher salt and black pepper

Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water to incorporate later into the dish.  Drain the pasta and return to the pot.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat until crisp and delicious (6 to 8 minutes).  Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble when cooled.

Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny. 3 to 4 minutes. 

Toss the pasta with the bacon, the reserved pasta water, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

Divide the pasta among bowls and top with the eggs. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and enjoy!!  What could be better than a quick meal that takes you back to breakfast before you doze off to sleep. 

1 comments:

Mother Rimmy February 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Now this is a dish my husband will love. Great combination of ingredients!

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP