Chocolate pots

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So, I was craving some chocolate and what better way to enjoy it than in an adorable teacup! Chocolate pots are so easy to make and I would say not all that bad for you.  You see, I just break down the ingredients and think to myself, "hey, that's not too bad for me".

All you need is:

2/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups milk
4 large egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.  Add 1/3 cup of the milk, stirring to form a smooth paste.  Whisk int he egg yolks and the remaining milk.

Cook the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened 12 - 15 minutes (do not let this boil). Remove from the heat.

Add the vanilla and chocolate, stirring until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.  Pour into eight 4-ounce ramekins, glasses or teacups. Refridgerate, covered, until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.  Sprinkle with the cocoa powder before serving.

5 comments:

Karen February 23, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

This really is a cute idea with the teacup. I've been using cups and mugs more and more for serving things like soup these days too. It's fun, and better protion sizes :)

The Chocolate Priestess February 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Oh, yes, I agree with the teacup idea. It can difficult when a recipe calls for you to use a particular dish or plate to serve something in. I mean, I have limited room for such things in my kitchen and now I'll to try this idea with some of the recipes I've rejected in the past.

Thanks for the idea!

Radhika February 25, 2010 at 3:30 AM  

hi emily serving chocolate in a tea cup sounds super duper good

Ed Schenk February 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Looke delicious and very easy. Thanks for the recipe.

SashaInTheKitchen March 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

looks delicious and sounds like a simple pudding-like chocolate indulgance!

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP