A short order breakfast made to order

>> Sunday, September 27, 2009

After waking up entirely too early after a late night (for me anyways), I first went for my coffee, then for breakfast. Its a gorgeous day so I took my coffee in my outdoor living room. This time of year is perfect for curling up on the sofa enjoying my backyard. For those of you who haven't been to my home, I converted a covered carport into the most amazing little living room, complete with a sofa, chairs and coffee table and twinkling lights for nighttime ambiance. So, after hanging outside for an hour or so I started on breakfast. A short order breakfast made to order... I whipped up hashed potatoes and eggs over easy. Adding a side of cottage cheese rounded out the dish.


By Sunday I am running low on groceries so this dish consisted of very few ingredients.

One large brown egg
(I have learned that they are brown because they come from brown chickens which Mr. Breakfast verified for me this morning http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ask.asp?askid=23)
One Yukon gold potato
One leek
Cottage cheese
Butter
Salt
Cracked pepper

To prep, prepare the potato first. Julian first then dice cross wise. Slice the leek (remember with leeks, only use the white and light green portion of the stalk). Salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter and add in potato and leek. Stir, flip, smash, and scoop (I realize I am being highly technical with this technique) until cooked through and slightly browned.

As the potatoes are nearing completion, melt a small amount of butter in a small skillet. Crack your egg and let cook undisturbed for about a minute. Ever so gently, slide a spatula under the egg and quickly flip over. Cook for another 30 seconds or so.

Plate your potatoes, egg and cottage cheese and enjoy! I'm ready for a nap!

1 comments:

amber September 27, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

oh your carport/outside living room sounds amazing. that is pretty much what i want to do with ours.

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP