Maple syrup isn't just for pancakes

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today is absolutely gorgeous outside! This is truly the perfect Texas Spring day. I started off the morning with a nice stroll through the neighborhood with a cup of coffee in hand. The flowers are starting to bloom, trees are budding out and the grass is a lemony-lime green. I love it!  Because I'm leaving this perfect weather for the warm weather of Puerto Rico this week, so I don't have much food in the house. Hungry after my stroll, I searched the pantry for my options.  Oatmeal caught my eye as a cozy curl up on my patio in the shade with my favorite pair of sweats on to further take in the day meal. Yes, that's exactly what I did.

I don't buy the flavored little packets of Oatmeal because I prefer to do it myself. I poured a good little bit of oats in a bowl (my eyes are always bigger than my stomach because I forget how filling this stuff is), then added in a couple spoonfulls of soft brown sugar and a shake or two of cinnamon.  A little water, a quick stir and into the microwave the bowl went. I rarely use my microwave but it is perfect for cooking up these oats. Two minutes, stirring at the half mark, and you have a hot bowl of goodness.

Now, if you think Maple syrup is just for pancakes you are quite mistaken. I use it in my cooking often, especially with meats, but a drizzle over Oatmeal is just divine. You can skip all the butter and enjoy the natural sweetness of this great combination. 

Mmmm, mmmm, I'm off to garden. Enjoy your Oatmeal, and your day!

2 comments:

Jeanne March 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

I definitely agree - maple syrup is good in almost anything! But I do love it in a simple bowl of oatmeal.

Heather March 18, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

I adore maple syrup in my oatmeal....I have been craving it too :)

Post a Comment

Search!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP